Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Two Days Of School

Ah, the new school year... So far, my classes seem to be alright -- I think that I'll really enjoy my Vertibrate Physiology Class, and I know I'll enjoy my Feminist Foundations course. (the reasoning is NOT just because i'm one of the teacher's pet students... I love her, but that's a whole other story.)

Things that are interesting... Well, I got stuck with Kevin (i'm not sure that i've said anything about Kevin prior to now... I'll have to explain the whole sordid (well, it's not THAT sordid) story a bit later.) in my Organic class... *sighs deeply* This means that I will have to fight all semester not to kill his little punk butt. It's not that he's a bad person, he is quite literally the most annoying human being i have ever had the misfortune of knowing.

AND... work in the TWL....or now the T*C*L, since aparantly it was a good idea to change the name when we got our own department, is going to be veeeeeeeeeeeery interesting this semester... I'm glad we have a new manager, he's super cool, but the new tutors...well... frankly they suck, but some of them are trying hard, and those that are are going to be fine. The ones that aren't? Well...hopefully they'll be gone soon.

I'm also taking a class with my lovely wife this semester!!! Yay!!! it's about time she actually got her butt to campus! *wink* I walked her to class today, and i think i stressed her out a lot.... she's never taken a class with me, so she doesn't quite get how i am in school yet. But it will be better by the end of next week, especially once i get into the routine of classes and whatnot. It's a womens' studies course anyway, so it will definitely spark some good conversations at my house, that's for sure!

All in all, i think this will be an Interesting semester if nothing else. I hope i'll have time for more regular updates now that i'm not spending ALL of my time in the lab, and I hope to bring back "your weekly reptile" sometime soon!

No comments: